Do both the Cut-off tool and Angle Grinder are for the same purpose? If so, then why two different tools? The reason is that we are here with the answers to all your queries related to the Cut off tool Vs Angle Grinder. We have done thorough researches on both the tools, and now we are here to present our findings.
If you want a product that is cheaper and perfect in detailed cuttings, then you can buy a cut-off tool, whereas if you are looking for a single metal tool for various jobs. Then, there isn’t any better option than Angel grinder.
Cut Off Tool Vs Angle Grinder: Comparison Chart
When we want to know that which one is best out of the Cut-off tool Vs Angle Grinder, then we have to know their details. For this purpose, we will compare the features of both tools in a comparison chart. It will give us a clear view of both tools.
|Specification||Cut-Off Tool||Angle Grinder|
|Operation||Single Hand||Both Hands|
|Work Surface||Small pieces of metal||Various|
|Types||Cordless, Electrically Corded, Manual operation||Cordless, Electrically Corded, Manual operation|
Cut Off Tool Vs Angle Grinder: Differences
Angle Grinder is a multi-tasker that doesn’t just cut surfaces but can do sharpening, polishing, and grinding, of course. Whereas, The Cut-off tool, as the name suggests, is for cutting.
Bottom Line: Undoubtedly, we understand that Angle Grinder is a multi-tasker with a single body. So, the winner here is Angle Grinder. Because it can sharp, polish, and grind too with cutting.
You can operate the Cut-off tool by using your one hand because Cut-off tools are light in weight. You can efficiently operate them by a single hand.
Meanwhile, Angle Grinder is slightly heavier; thus, you have to use both your hands for operating this as it needs a little control that you will provide from your hand.
So, as today we love compact and portable products. However, both tools are compact. Yet, if we have to know the winner here, it’s the Cut-off tool because of its lightweight.
Bottom Line: If you love working with both hands then, you can love Angel Grinder for this factor too.
The cut-off tool has a light power motor of 1HP, as it is a tool just for cutting. At the same time, Angle Grinder has a powerful and robust motor of 3-7 HP. That, too, is the reason for its heavyweight.
Bottom Line: So, the winner here is Angle Grinder because of its powerful motor.
The cut-off tool is a budget-friendly and cheap tool that you can buy easily. The same is the case with its blades. However, Angle Grinder is a little costly as it is a multipurpose tool.
Bottom Line: So, it’s a tie between both the tools as both are affordable tools. However, the Cut-off tool is a little cheaper in comparison to Angle Grinder.
Cut Off Tool Vs Angle Grinder: Similarities
The very fundamental similarity between both tools is that both are power tools. You can use both the Cut-off tool or angle grinder for cutting. However, if you want to do some other works, i.e., grinding, polishing, and sharpening. You can do this too with Angle grinder. So, you can use this one metal tool for your various jobs.
Secondly, both tools are user-friendly. Even if you are a beginner, then also you can use these tools very well. Both Angle grinder and Cut-off tools are tools of a type that anybody can use. The one with a little experience to no experience too.
3 Best Cut-Off Tools
1. Genesis GCOT335 3″ 3.5 Amp High Speed
- Cuts through straps, hangers, exhaust systems, sheet metal, pipes, and more - an essential auto-body repair tool |...
- Powerful 3.5 amp motor that operates at 24, 000 RPM | you'll save time and money by using Genesis tools!
- Uses standard 3" Cut off discs | replacement cut-off wheels are easy to find for the Genesis cut-off tool!
This small and handy cut-off tool cuts through hangers, straps, exhaust systems, metal, pipes, and much more. Further, it is a great budget pick product. You can cut thin metal pieces too with this as it is small in size that provides perfect cutting.
2. Ingersoll Rand Model 426 3″ Reversible
- Reversible: This function allows you to safely control the direction of the spark, allowing you to use the tool in any...
- Lightweight: The tool weighs only 2 lbs. , so you don’t tire and can get the job done faster.
- Versatility: With the speed regulator knob you can control the speed and easily change it for different applications.
This cut-off tool comes with great features in it. It has safety control that allows you to change the direction. You can use this tool in any orientation. Further, its weight is just 2Ibs.
Moreover, it comes with a regulatory knob for speed. You can change and control the speed as per the requirements.
3. Milwaukee 2522-20 M12 FUEL 3-Inch
- Power Tools
- Manufacturer: Milwaukee
- Country of manufacture: Mexico
Now, this one is one of the most loved cut-off tools with great features. It provides fast and accurate cutting with a cutting speed of 20,000 RPM.
Further, it comes with the guarantee of a USA manufacturer. Additionally, it offers ultimate control for cutting.
3 Best Angle Grinders
1. BLACK+DECKER Angle Grinder Tool
- Metal gear case for durability and longer life
- 3 Position side handle provides added comfort and control
- Spindle lock for easy accessory changes
This angle grinder comes with a narrow body that allows a handy grip on this product. Then, it has a metal gear case that makes it durable and long-lasting. Further, it has a spindle lock for easy accessory change.
2. Electric Angle Grinder Meterk 6A
- ★【Powerful Angle Grinder】6A motor with 750W max output power, no-load speed of 12000RPM for tough grinding jobs,...
- ★【More Convenient Operation】Spindle lock for quicker and easier discs & accessories changing, trigger lock-on for...
- ★【Upgrad Handle】Ergonomic design, with left-mounted slide safety On/Off switch. Removable and forward-canted side...
It is a powerful angle grinder with included safety features. This angle grinder is an efficient worker that does its job quite awesome. You can cut metal, tile, wood, and even stone with this product. Further, the product comes with a coating that protects it from abrasive debris. So, the producer has assured its durability. Moreover, it has protective covers that prevent injuries and even protect you from them.
Additionally, it has a small size grip that reduces fatigue and makes it handy. It has a removable side handle too.
3. Bosch 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder 1375A
- Compact: Weighing only 3.75 pounds, the Bosch 1375A Angle Grinder is lightweight, compact, and ideal for metal workers,...
- Power: The angle grinder features a Powerful 6.0 amp motor to produce 11,000 no load rpm for professional cutting and...
- Comfort: The 1375A offers a 2 position side auxiliary handle specifically designed to angle to a natural position for...
Lastly, This Angle Grinder is the one you can’t ever avoid. It is a lightweight plus affordable plus convenient plus an ideal tool. It has every single thing that you will demand in an angle grinder.
This angle grinder is perfect for regular and daily use. Even professionals love it for its work.
Further, the tool comes with coating, meaning protected from abrasive debris. So, it is a durable tool. The great thing about this product is that it has a sealed switch that prevents dust and debris from entering its mechanism.
Cut Off Tool Vs Angle Grinder: Overview
Overview Of Cut-off Tool
Cut- off tool is a lightweight power tool that is smaller in size than Angle Grinder. The unique and appealing thing in this tool is that it can reach even at hard to reach places because of its small size. It is perpendicularly mounted to the drive shaft that enables it to work appropriately.
Also, This tool is perfect for cutting smaller pieces of metal. You can use this tool if you want to work on specific and intricate details. Yet, you can’t use it for larger projects.
Overview Of Angle Grinder
On the other side, Angel Grinder is a tool popular for its versatility. You can use this tool for many purposes, else of just cutting. The tool comes with a powerful motor and different attachments. You can shift from cutting to grinding, from grinding to polishing, from polishing to sharpening and vice verse, or as you like by just changing the blades. In short, the tool is just excellent.
Further, you can use this tool on various surfaces—for example, tile, brick, stone, concrete, and of course, metal.
1. Isn’t the Cut-off tool and Angle Grinder both same?
No, the Cut-off tool and Angle Grinder both are not the same. However, there are some nominal differences between them. Yet, the Angle grinder is more versatile.
2. If I need a tool just for minor cuttings and detailing. Should I buy a cut-off tool or An Angel grinder?
If you need a tool for minor cuttings plus detailing. Then, you should buy a cut-off tool because Angel grinder is not efficient in detailing.
3. What tool should I buy out of Angel Grinder and Cut-off tool if I am a DIYer?
It depends on your work. If your work is just of cutting and that too of small pieces, then you can buy a cut-off tool. However, if you are willing for more than cutting then, go for an Angel grinder.
So, this was the comparison of the Cut-off tool Vs Angle Grinder. We think that both the products are excellent in their fields. There are some advantages and some disadvantages to both products. So, after considering all things, you can buy the product that you think is best.
We hope, Now, you have a clear and much better understanding of the Cut-off tool and Angle grinder.