Whether you are a DIY person or an experienced professional, power tools are a must for you. While purchasing power tools, it is best to stick with the reputed brands. Not only it ensures safety, but it also makes sure that the device has a long life. Brand loyalty rears its head whenever we talk about tools. Two competitive brands that come up more often than others are DeWalt vs Decker. Continue reading the article to learn about these two brands. By the end of it, you will be able to decide which brand is best for you.
Black & Decker bought DeWalt in 1960. The new ownership positioned DeWalt as a high-quality brand. Black & Decker as a brand for consumers. They are part of the same group. In contrast, Black & Decker makes entry-level tools. The products of Decker are affordable and of good quality for home use. DeWalt has stepped up in recent years.
DeWalt offers a wide range of corded and cordless tools and accessories. They are of decent quality, mainly for professionals. Dewalt’s durability, efficient operation, and long term service separate it from other brands. In short, DeWalt manufactures for professionals, and Decker manufactures for the masses. Decker’s target is the consumer market.
Dewalt Vs Decker: Comparison Chart
|Quality||Trues and tested quality||Uses lower-quality materials|
|Manufacturing||A lot of features||Tries to keep the cost low|
|Warranty||3-year warranty||2-year warranty|
|Product Portfolio||Designed for semi-pro and serious tool hobbyist||Designed for the hobbyist|
Dewalt Vs Decker: Differences
Black & Decker is often a less expensive option when it comes to tools. The construction and overall quality are usually lacking in this brand. It is a cost-efficient tool brand, and the quality is compromised. The company tries to keep the cost low by using cheaper materials. It is a good brand for home users.
Whereas DeWalt offers better quality. It is an expensive brand, and the quality is never compromised. Once it makes its way into your workshop, it will certainly stay there for longer than you can expect. It is a tried and trusted brand for professionals.
It is hard for Black & Decker to be competitive with their manufacturing at their price point. They choose to use lower-quality material with less through design and lower quality.
DeWalt, on the other hand, is an expensive brand. They offer more features and have better manufacturing quality.
Black & Decker offers a 2-year limited warranty. This brand aims at homeowners rather than the professionals. They void the warranty in a condition. That is if the cordless drill was used in any other application other than home-use.
All the tools of DeWalt are backed by a three-year warranty and a 90-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the tool you are using. Many models also come with a once-off free service.
4. Product Portfolio
Black & Decker have a product portfolio designed for hobbyists. The tools are meant for households. They manufacture standard power tools like drills and saws, along with a line of lawn and garden items. They even sell small kitchen appliances like vacuum and batteries.
DeWalt has a product portfolio designed for semi-pro and serious tool hobbyists. They manufacture tools like screw gums, saws, circular saws, etc.
They also offer outdoor power tools like anchors, and some tools accessories, contractor gear, and equipment.
DeWalt has a better product portfolio and offers products of higher quality.
Best Products Of Dewalt
1. DeWalt 20V MAX cordless Lithium-Ion Compact Drill Driver Kit
- Compact, lightweight design fits into tight areas
- High performance motor delivers 300 unit watts out (UWO) of power ability completing a wide range of applications
- High speed transmission delivers 2 speeds (0-450 & 1,500 rpm) for a range of fastening and drilling applications
It is a perfect tool for working in small and hard to reach places. It can be used for an extended period without hurting the arm. It is very lightweight. It has a high-speed transmission. It delivers two-speed variations. It even allows the users to choose the performance level according to their task. It is loved for its incredible speed and quality. Many believe that it is the best tool in the market. It comes along two long-lasting batteries that won’t run out of power during the job. It has LED lights to help you while you will be working in dark spaces. This product combines fantastic quality with great value. It is perfect for any workspace.
- Compact design for added mobility
- High-performance motor
- Ergonomic handle for added control and comfort
- High-speed transmission
- Weigh 3.64 pounds
2. DeWalt 7.2-Volt Cordless Two-Position Screwdriver Kit
- The product is 7.2V CRDLS Screwdriver
- Easy to use
- The product is manufactured in China
This is the second-best product of DeWalt. This Screwdriver is known for being “fast, efficient, and versatile.” It allows you to fasten screws in any difficult to reach the place. With its variable speed feature, you can tailor this product to every job. It has a reversing trigger switch. The switch offers an easy to glide through wood, plastic, and light-metal. This tool comes with a charger, two batteries, and a great kit box for easy storage. The handle offers an easy-to-handle grip. It is effortless to work with. It works amazingly both as an in-line tool and with an angled grip for compact spaces.
- Two-position model
- Variable speed feature
- 90-day money-back guarantee if not satisfied
- Adjustable handle
- Weigh 3.5 pounds
3. DeWalt 20V MAX Lithium Ion
- 8,000 rpm motor provides high power for cutting and grinding applications for the angle grinder
- DEWALT grinder comes with Quick-Change Wheel Release allowing tool free wheel removal without need for a wrench
- Tool-free guard of the metal grinder allows for quick and easy guard adjustments/positioning
It has a super compact design and is easy to work in even the smallest spaces with the added LED. It offers a high-performance motor that delivers 300W of power ability. This product ensures that there is no job left undone. It is a perfect addition to any toolkit. It is easy to use and comes with long-lasting batteries.
- Huge motor performance
- Long-lasting batteries
4. DeWalt 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion Saw
- 5150 RPM motor of DEWALT circular saw delivers power and speed to make the most demanding cuts with ease
- High strength and lightweight magnesium shoe of the corded circular saw provides jobsite durability for long-term cut...
- Optimized rubber overmolded comfort grip of the compact circular saw delivers optimal balance and control
The 5250 RPM motor of this powerful circular saw delivers epic power and speed. It can tackle even the most challenging cuts with ease and precision. It is lightweight and easy to use. It has a super powerful motor that can conquer even the most challenging jobs. It offers incredible durability and quality. It provides professional quality and has a silky-smooth motor. It will enable you to cut smoothly and precisely every-time.
- Super powerful motor
- Strong but lightweight
- Optimum rubber over-molded comfort grip
- 6.5-inch carbide-tripped blade for cutting materials at 90 and 45 degrees.
5. DeWalt 8-Gallon 165 PSI Pancake Compressor
- 165 max PSI 6.0 gallon tank (22.7 L) and 2.6 SCFM* delivered @ 90 PSI pump, enable long tool run time with quick...
- High efficiency motor of the electric air compressor is made for easy start up in cold weather or extension cord...
- 75.5 dBA** noise level of the 6 gallon air compressor is made for a quiet work environment
It works great for small to medium jobs. It will enable you to repair flat tires quickly. The high flow regulator maximizes its performance. The oil-free pump allows for maintenance-free operation. This product comes with a noise level setting, which makes it perfect for home too. A specialized console protects the various controls. They can be removed when needed.
- High flow regulator for maximum performance
- Low noise level
- Lightweight and easy to move around
Best Products Of Decker
1. Black And Decker 20V MAX Cordless Drill
- Lithium Ion Technology and 20V MAX: Lighter, more compact, no memory, longer life
- 11 Position Clutch: Provides precise control for drilling into wood, metal, plastic, and all screwdriving tasks
- Features integrated bit holder under drill handle that includes double ended bit
This drill has racked up some fantastic sales over the years. It gives you the option to cut the cord by spending less than $50. It can tackle many things. Like, furniture assembly, picture hanging, shelf installation by fastening jobs around the house. It is lightweight and can be used by anyone in the family. It is perfect for knocking out your to-do list around the house. It doesn’t fit the niche in the Pro market, but it is ideal for homeowners. It is affordable and comes with a brushed moto and an 11-position clutch. The LED solves the problem of working in dark spaces.
- Comes with a brushed motor
- 11-position clutch
2. Black & Decker 40V MAX Cordless Chainsaw
- 40-volt, 12-in cordless electric chainsaw is ideal for cutting small trees and removing limbs up to 12-in thick
- 40-volt MAX Li-ion battery holds a charge up to 18 months, so it's always ready to start work (battery and charger sold...
- Low-kickback bar and chain protects you from kickback force and frequency and provides smooth and fast cuts
It’s side-loading 40V battery powers the saw without the need for 2-cycle fuel. The top wrap around the handle presents an excellent ergonomic grip. The saw is very lightweight. A charger comes along the battery. It takes nearly 120 minutes to recharge the battery completely. The disadvantage of the lack in the power department makes it suitable for the consumer market.
- Ergonomic grip
- One of the least expensive cordless chainsaw
3. Black & Decker 20V Max Impact Driver Kit
- High performance transmission of the cordless impact driver delivers 1375 in-lbs of max torque
- Quick release 1/4-inch hex chuck
- Compact and lightweight for ease of use
This machine provides a perfect balance of performance and price for homeworkers. It is for those in need of a cordless solution. It is run at 297 RPM. It is recommended for most of the general tasks around your house. From installing fans to building planters, it can do everything. The grip is designed for smaller hands. It is one of the lighter models, and without the battery, it weighs around 2.0 lbs. It is also one of the quieter impact drivers ( see these two impact driver). It comes with a 2-year warranty. It gets the work done and is easily affordable
- Incredible value
- 20V lithium-ion power source
- Quick-release 1/4′ hex chuck
4. Black+Decker Cordless Screwdriver With Screw Holder
- Lithium-ion battery-powered screwdriver with magnetic screw holder for basic home repairs and assemblies
- Six-position clutch has visual indicators for easy prevention of stripping
- Charger holds accessory bits and can be wall-mounted
This machine is great for furniture assembly and other household tasks. To help avoid stripped screws, it lets you select the torque that you need. The Smart Select technology enables you to choose the right amount of power and speed for your projects.
You just have to match the Smart Selection dial to your tool. The tool will automatically adjust itself to deliver the best results for your work. It even prevents stripping by preventing the overpowering of delicate features.
- Lithium-ion battery-powered Screwdriver with magnetic screw holder
- For necessary home repairs and assemblies
- The charger can be wall-mounted
- LED light to increase visibility
- Includes a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
5. Black And Decker Dust-Buster Handheld Vacuum, Cordless, 16V
- Lithium Ion for long battery life and outstanding performance; Always ready holds a charge for upto 18 months. Long...
- NOTE: The instruction manual does reference mounting brackets and screws, but it is for a different base that is not...
- Smart Charge Technology uses upto 50 percent less energy,air Watts: 15.2 Watts, Voltage: 16V MAX
This fantastic product had a four-hour fast charging base. It is ideal for quick pick up. It comes along a translucent dirt bowl. It is easy to empty the dirt. It is lightweight enough to take care of all the quick pick-ups around the house. It has a powerful suction. The battery has a long life. It works on everything starting from carpet to ceramic tile and more. It comes with a flip-up brush, crevice tool, a washable filter. It is a cordless device that is helpful in almost everything around the house.
- Smart charge technology
- Rotating slim nozzle
- 2-year warranty
- Lithium-Ion for extended battery life
- Long life and lightweight
Dewalt Vs Decker: Overview
Overview Of DeWalt
DeWalt is called a powerhouse when It comes to tools. The company was founded by Raymond E. DeWalt in 1924. DeWalt offers the top-most quality, amazing durability. The products are easy to use, and easy-to-spot yellow and black exterior. DeWalt creates one of the best tools when it comes to quality. From cordless drills to a lithium driver, DeWalt has got everything ready for you. It has promised that its tools “are made to survive on the Jobsite.” It is a tried and trusted brand that will hardly ever disappoint you.
DeWalt manufactures and sells almost 800 accessories and 200 different power hand-tools. Its product portfolio includes hundreds of power tools that are wired and wireless. Those have multiple models of drills and impact drivers—different types of saws, and many more. DeWalt offers accessories like toolboxes, drill bits; miter saw stand, etc. They are no longer trying to broaden their 20V Max product selection simply. They are instead trying to push it further and raise it higher. DeWalt has a lot of strengths. It is one of the best power tool brands in the world. It has dominated the international tools market for decades.
Its durability, efficient operation, and reliable, long term service separates it from the other tools producing companies. Its products are recommended by amateurs and professionals alike. DeWalt truly believes in tremendous value and quality for their products. All the tools are backed by a three-year warranty and a 90-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the tool you are using. Many models also come with a once-off free service. This is a brand that honestly believes in the strength of their products. DeWalt has the perfect tools ready for you for every job you need to do. It is all about user-ease and will certainly let you down.
Overview Of Decker
Black & Decker has a century of expertise. The company was started by S. Duncan Black and Alonzo G. Decker in 1910. It has been delighting customers ever since. In 2010, the business merged with Stanley Works to form Stanley, Black & Decker. It owns DeWalt as well.
This brand has contributed significantly to the growth of the power tools industry in the last century. It is the first company to introduce the battery drill in 1961. They are the first to release the global power tool battery charger in 1988.
The company has a wide range of products in the cordless power tool segment. Unfortunately, its devices are less potent than those of DeWalt. Its products are mainly for less professional people. Their main target is the consumer market. They offer affordable prices.
1. Is DeWalt better than Decker?
Both brands offer different tiers of tools. For professionals, DeWalt is suggested, and Decker is better for house-users.
2. Is DeWalt owned by Black & Decker?
DeWalt is a trading name of Black & Decker. Stanley Black & Decker is the owner of this company.
3. Which brand of a cordless drill is the best?
Best overall: DeWalt 20V MAX Cordless Compact Drill/Driver
Black & Decker is often affordable when it comes to tools. The construction and overall quality are usually lacking in this brand. Its quality is compromised because it uses lower-quality material. It tries to keep its costs low.
Whereas DeWalt offers the best quality. It has a higher price point. You get more features than the other brand is lacking. It provides a better warranty as well. So, if you need tools for the long run and if you can afford the upgrade, DeWalt is for you. You also should be a serious tool user for DeWalt. Black & Decker has an advantage with a price. It is an affordable alternative to other tools. If you need tools for one project and are a hobbyist, Decker is an excellent choice for you.