What is a miter saw used for? Just like a jigsaw, a miter saw is best used for cutting angles. Some might say that there are little to no differences between a jigsaw and a miter saw. Most differences lie in design and usability. A miter saw is also better used for home projects. These include hanging frames, fixing frames, wood cutting for cupboards, and windowpanes. So how to maximize a miter saw?
How To Maximize A Miter Saw Using Different Methods
Things You Will Need To Maximize A Miter Saw
A miter saw has a few requirements. These will help you optimize usage. The overall cost of a miter saw can run high due to these additional necessities.
- A good quality miter saw: This is the main thing. You need a top brand miter saw for all of the above steps to give you brilliant results. Makita, Dewalt, and Bosch have a broad range of miter saws. They vary in units and sizes. The tip is to buy one from a reputed brand so you can claim the warranty. In the FAQ section, we have given recommendations for the best miter saws.
- Blades: A good saw will require good quality blades. It is of no point buying cheap blades for a branded saw. You might as well do it right. The trick is to purchase blades of the same company as the saw. A miter saw should typically have 80 blades or more. Keep additional blades as spare too. Miter saw spares are expensive. Therefore, buying in bulk might help you decrease overall costs.
- A laser: This is not very important. You can drop this if it is expensive. A laser is attached to a miter saw for line-markings. It makes it easier to cut along the laser lines. This gives you practice if you are a novice. Once you are comfortable, you can get the laser removed. You will have to go to a store and get it installed. Miter saws do
- An extendable table and clamps: These cannot be eliminated while using a miter saw. The reason why an extended table and a brace is needed is explained in steps 7 and 6, respectively. These are readily available in stores or online. Both these are useful to keep your project material steady. The table also acts as a buffer from the impact produced.
- A blade guard: This is a safety measure. If possible, get a transparent blade guard. This will help you see through it while you are working. Some miter saws come with this. These saws are more expensive than regular miter saws.
- Safety kit: Talking about safety, it is always good to have an entire safety kit. Regardless of what type of tool you are working with. A typical safety kit comes with goggles, headphones, thick gloves, and a face mask. If you attach a laser to your saw, it is mandatory to wear safety goggles. Another reason is to avoid splinters to fly into your eyes. A facemask is to protect your face from sawdust. Inhaling any dirt can raise sinuses. The gloves render as a shield. They also help with grip. A glove is not useful to protect your hand from blade-teeth. You will have to be careful about that. The headphones are optional. A miter saw is not too loud. If the safety gear is too much, you can eliminate the headphones. However, in an ideal safety kit, all these things should be included.
- Turbine Oil: This is for lubrication. The type of oil you should use changes with the kind of tool. After reviews, we suggest that turbine oil is the best for miter saws. Apply the oil on blades 24 hours before use. After using the blade too, you should apply the oil and keep the blade away. Turbine oil is conveniently available at any general store.
null!– wp:rank-math/faq-block null –>null/p>
nullh3 class=”rank-math-question”>1. Which miter saw is the best? Do they come with blades?null/h3>
nulldiv class=”rank-math-answer”>Dewalt is the best brand for miter saws. The Dewalt DW714 Compound Miter Saw is a great purchase. It comes with an 80-teeth blade too. null/div>
nullh3 class=”rank-math-question”>2. Is it important to have a table for a miter saw?null/h3>
nulldiv class=”rank-math-answer”>Yes. It is essential for your safety and usability. Having a table or a stand will give you the required stability. If you are a beginner, this is very important. The impact from a miter saw can be challenging to control. If you have a stand, most of the effect is diverted to the stand.null/div>
nullh3 class=”rank-math-question”>3. Which is the safest saw to work with?null/h3>
nulldiv class=”rank-math-answer”>A circular saw is known to be the safest. Due to its ease, it is prevalent among beginners. You can hold it steadily in your hand, and it has a low impact rate. Therefore, a nulla href=”https://thehemloft.com/how-to-use-a-circular-saw/”>circular saw is relatively safenull/a>. null/div>
nullp>null!– /wp:rank-math/faq-block –>
The effectiveness of any tool depends on how you use and maintain it. This guide on how to maximize a miter saw exactly does that. The same prophecy applies to the miter saw. Miter saws are not always the first preference when it comes to saws. This is because of their extra maintenance. Make sure you go over the steps to maximize the use of your saw. Once you get used to it, it will work better than any other saw you own!