Changing a miter saw blade can be a tricky task, but if you are aware of all the steps and precautions, then it might not seem that difficult. Using a new miter saw blade provides you with better performance and clean cuts. The process is straightforward to perform, even if you are a beginner. Just make sure to maintain your safety, and there you go. So, in this article, you will get to know about all the steps, things, and tips that are required understand the process of how to change the miter saw blade.
How To Change A Miter Saw Blade? – Step By Step Guide
- Make sure that you are wearing your safety accessories.
- Choose a suitable blade for your cutting process.
- Disconnect the machine from electricity while replacing the blade.
- Remove both spindle cover and blade guard from the miter saw very carefully.
- Secure the blade with tight and stable bolts and screws.
- Do not forget to plug out the saw before starting the whole process.
- Turn the bolt to the left for tightening it and right to loosen it.
- Keep your children away from the blade.
- Place the blade in a safe place while replacing it.
- Keep your work station clean to avoid any injuries.
Things You Need To Change A Miter Saw Blade
1. New Miter Saw Blade
You will need a new miter saw blade to replace it with the old one. The blade should be suitable for the material you are using. While choosing a blade, make sure that it is as per your work projects or not.
2. Screwdriver Set
You will need a screwdriver set for the nuts and screws related work. While removing and reattaching the guard and cover, you may need a screwdriver to tighten and loosen the screws.
3. Adjustable Wrench
You will need an adjustable wrench to remove old washer and bolts and to reattach the new ones. After replacing the blade, you can recheck the stableness and firmness of the blade with a wrench.
4. First Aid Kit
Before starting the whole procedure, make sure that you have a first aid kit around you. It will help you in a situation of emergency.
5. New Washer And Bolts
If you want smooth and stable performance, then you will require a new washer and new bolts. It will help the blade in delivering satisfactory results with clean and precise cuts.
Top 3 Miter Saw Blades
A single miter saw blade can cover almost all your jobs. Though few things are a matter of concern while buying a miter, saw blade. You should check a blade’s size, type, teeth count, and, most importantly, it’s quality. These points should not be taken for granted. The size of the blade is essential and should be supported by your miter saw. The teeth count of a blade has a significant impact on its performance and finish. The blade type should not be too much wider or too much thinner as then, and it will affect the performance of your projects.
Below you can find the three best miters saw blades that you can easily buy from amazon.
1. Freud D1050X Diablo 50-tooth ATB Combo Saw Blade
- Diablo 10-Inch 50 Tooth ATB Combination Saw Blade
- Laser cut stabilizer vents trap noise and vibration keeping it cool and reducing blade warp
- Laser cut heat expansion slots allow blade to expand due to heat build-up keeping the cut true and straight
The Diablo 50-tooth ATB combo Saw Blade is exceptionally compatible and can last for a long time. Diablo is one of the most trusted and reliable brands. The blade features 50 bevel teeth that ensure a clean and smooth finish. It is a combo saw and can be used as both table saw, and miter saw. It features a thin kerf of 0.098 inches. The blades come with a 15-degree angle and a high speed up to 7000 rotations per minute. The product can handle any material conveniently.
The product can handle heavy-duty jobs very quickly. It comes with a laser-cut anti-vibration slot that makes your work convenient. It is a 10-inch blade. It provides you with precision, which leads to clean and precise cuts. The product comes with excellent cross-cut performance. Also, Diablo offers a lifetime warranty on its products. It is a multi-purpose blade with many other benefits. The product is a value for money.
- It is a 10-inch miter saw blade.
- It has 50 bevel teeth count.
- It is a combo blade.
- The blade features a 0.098-inch kerf.
- It provides you with 7000 rotations per minute.
- It comes with an anti-vibration design.
- The blade is coated with a red pharma shield coating.
- The product can easily handle heavy-duty jobs.
- The blade has a carbide tip type.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
2.Craftsman Miter Saw Blade
- DURABILITY: Induction-brazed carbide tips of 10-inch miter saw blade are made for durability and long life
- NO MORE WARPING: Heat-treated plate eliminates warping
- ACCURATE CUTS: Precision ground teeth for smooth, accurate cuts
The brand offers a good quality range of milter saw blades. Craftsman miter saw blade is a 10-inch blade that comes combined with another 10-inch table saw blade. One blade features 24 teeth, and the other one features a count of 60 teeth. The product is highly durable and reliable and delivers a good quality performance. It provides a clean and smooth finish. It has a 5/8-inch arbor diameter.
The blade features a coating that prevents it from getting corroded or rusted. It comes with a 1-inch thick kerf. The blades are heat treated and comes with corrosion and rust preventing coating. It makes the blades more reliable and long-lasting. These blades can support almost every type of material. It provides you with precision, which leads to clean and precise cuts. The product can handle heavy-duty jobs very quickly and provides you with accurate results.
- It is a 10-inch miter saw blade.
- Craftsman miter saw blade is a combo blade with a 10-inch table saw blade.
- It features carbide tips.
- It comes with a 1-inch thick kerf.
- One of the blades comes with 24 teeth, and the other one comes with 60 teeth.
- The blades are heat-treated.
- Both the blades come with corrosion and rust preventing coating.
- It has a 5/8-inch arbor diameter.
- The product provides you with precise and accurate results.
- These are high-quality blades
3. DeWalt Miter/Table Saw Blade
- Tougher tungsten carbide stays sharper longer
- Thin kerf for fast and smooth cutting action and The arbor size is 5/8”.
- Computer-balanced plate reduces vibration for improved accuracy and better finish
The Dewalt miter/table saw blade is a 10-inch miter plus table saw blade. When it comes to Dewalt, there is no escape as it is one of the most renowned and trusted brands. This power tool comes with a 0.19-inch kerf that delivers a smooth and clean finish. It can support a 5/8 inches arbor. The pack includes two different types of blades, i.e., a cross-cutting blade and a regular use blade. The cross-cutting blades feature a teeth count of 60, and the other one features a teeth count of 32.
It features anti-stick rims and less vibration. The product can handle almost any type of material. It provides you with more accurate and better results. The best part is despite being two different blades, both the blades are interchangeable, which adds more advantages. They both are highly flexible and easy to use. These blades deliver satisfactory performance.
- It is a 10-inch miter saw blade.
- The product comes with a 0.19-inch kerf.
- IT has carbide tips.
- These are high-quality blades with 60, and 32 teeth count.
- The pack includes two different types of blades.
- The blades make less vibration and noise while in use.
- It comes with a balanced computer plate.
- These blades are extremely flexible and versatile.
- The blades are safe to use.
- It comes with a 5/8 inches arbor.
1. Which type of blade should I buy?
A blade that suits your material type is best.
2. Does the blade teeth count matter?
Yes, as the quality of the results is positively affected by the teeth count.
3. How long does a miter saw blade generally last?
A miter saw blade generally lasts for a long time if maintained properly.
Just by knowing how to change miter saw balde , you can easily save your efforts and time. While working on different wood projects, you might need to change the miter saw blade several times. For every other kind of cut, we need a different type of blade, and for that, one should be aware of the steps as it can be a tricky thing to do if you are not aware of the procedure.
If you are looking for good quality performance in your wood projects, you can always change your saw blades for a more clean and smooth finish. A right quality blade can handle almost all your jobs. The central part of the process is choosing the right type of blade for your projects. You should know about miter saw blades while buying one. If you maintain your blades and clean them time after time, you won’t have to change them often. A miter saw blade can last for a long time, if clean properly.
However, the final choice depends on the personal preference of the customer.