Suppose you are one of a person close to nature. And love having a garden in your place, love to spend time there and taking care of it. But the integral part of the garden is its fence as it is a first layer of protection to your garden. Creating a fence sounds like a tough and expensive method for many of us. And could put a hold on the overall budget of your entire garden project. So here we will tell you how to build a fence from pallets?
How To Build A Fence From Pallets – Step By Step Guide
TotaL Time: 45 Minutes
Step 1: Find Pallets
Find your pallet number of pallets required depends on the size you wanted to build as a fence. You could use the pic more or less accordingly. Try to take pallets of slightly different color tones; it enhances the look of your fence. You can choose the pallet according to your preference. But make sure you examine the pallets before starting your project to see it should be in good condition.
Step 2: Removing Of Nails
Before starting any of the next steps, you should first remove the nails if it holds on pallet boards. To the pallet, once you remove all the nails with a hammer and nail punch, we move toward the next step. Suppose you could find the pallet without any nails. This would make your whole project way easier and could save some of your valuable time.
You could also use a metal Sawzall blade for the removals. It may take some time and a bit of a hard job to perform, but once you get into the practice, it’s worth trying. Metal Sawzall blades are readily available in your local hardware shops. Or you can purchase online.
Step 3: Fence Template And Design On Pallet
To be accurate and to the point, it’s vital to take the required measurement of pallets. And put it according to the fence to be built. Now use a straight edge to connect the dots. The best thing to do is to measure all the pallets with the same measurement. With a straight edge on the top of the fence for significant looks. Make sure the template line is up with the slates that you are going to cut. Be careful while doing this task as a little mistake can easily ruin your hard work.
Step 4: Remove Backing
Now remove all the unwanted extra areas from the backside of the pallet by using Sawzall. Just leaves at least two pieces so it can hold on all of your slates together. During the end of the project, there will be many leftover pallets left on your side. Throwing them is not necessary. You can use those leftover pallets to make a border of your garden or small flower bed. This will provide your garden a pretty fantastic look, and the leftover is recycled.
Step 5: Cutting Of The Stakes
Now let move toward the next step, cutting off the stakes. We recommend you using 4×4 measurements precut for fencing. You can also use some of the larger pieces of the plank. If you have some. Be careful and precise because a little mistake can ruin your project in no time. Always be careful; while cutting off the pallets.
Step 6: Prepare Your Fence And Drive Into The Ground
Now, as you have followed all of the steps, let’s move toward the next step. Every person -has a different opinion on the looks of their fence. You can choose your fence accordingly to the style or pattern you want to pick up. Now, as you have done all the required process now, you can drive your stake and can attach your fence where you need to by using a screw and nails one of the essential things to keep in mind before staking the fence on the ground.
Make sure you maintain enough ground distance so that the fence doesn’t come in direct contact of the ground as it can lead to some serious problems. Like rotting and soaking of groundwater can degrade your fence. You should maintain at least 2 to 3 inches of gap between the ground and fence. You can also paint your fence. It will provide an attractive look to your fence. Plus, it will protect your fence from other foreign particles that can harm your fence. A layer of paint will act as a protective layer on the surface from other media or sources.
Things You Would Need To Build A Fence From Pallets
- 1 DIY Fencing Kit: Buying a DIY kit for the freshers could be very useful as they make your task easy. A kit provides all the necessary tools needed during the project. You don’t have to go elsewhere in search of any of the tool during the project. This kit will provide you all the essential tools. You can buy the kit online or can contact some local dealer for the kit. But still, there are some of the things you have to look other than the kit.
- Stakes and String: You will required stakes to perform your project. Make sure to look into the quality of stakes, as this will directly affect your project.
- Tape Measure: This is an essential step for fencing. You should always measure all the pallets before starting. You should proceed after taking all the possible measurements.
- Torpedo Level: this device is used in tight space. This is used for the correct level measurement if the surface.
- Post Hole Digger: it is also known as an auger, as its name reflects. This tool is used to make tiny holes for installing your fence. There are many types of post hole diggers available in the market. You can choose accordingly in case you don’t feel like buying the tool, or it’s expensive for you. Not to worry, there are many ways to get that you can rent the tool for a particular hour, or you can borrow from a neighbor.
- Digging/Tamping Bar: if, you don’t have a posthole digger, and you are enabled to find it anywhere near you. Then you can use digging tamping bar for the job they are readily available in your locality.
- Carpenter’s pencil: for is marking on the pallet. For proper and straight cutting and fitting
- Work gloves: always wear Work gloves. Before starting the project, as you are working with sharp-edged tools. You must wear work gloves for safety
- Safety goggle: cutting throw slit produces a considerable amount of dust. That can cause etching in your eyes. To prevent that, always wear safety goggles.
You can arrange the pallet according to your desired pattern as per the requirement. And then nails the pallet tightly. Otherwise, it will and up losing and disturbing the pallet. Unevenly.one of the most important things to remember.
While processing is always to keep an extra-long pallet. As when you start the project and start cutting the platelet, it will leave several small pieces. But you would be requiring the long pallet but don’t worry. You can use some small leftover pallets to make flower beds. And many more other things one you are done, just taking a moment to see and feel happy.
That you only give a beautiful view of your garden by whole yourself and with pallets. Some hours of hard work, but once you finish this entire thing, worth your time.
Making your fence from pallet sounds like a tough job well, it is a pretty tough job. But it’s worth it once you have finished all the processes and finally could fit your fence to the place where it can add beauty to your garden and lovely surrounding. Plus, it’s a fun and coast effective way to recycle the goods and give your hand in natural decor.
Recycling methods should come more often into use as the rate of depletion of natural resources is increasing. Day by day. And what would be more fun than building a fence from pallets that can add beauty to your garden, and as your div project, it’s an environment-friendly step and a cost-effective solution? Keep in mind to measure all the pallets so that it can fit into the fence easily.