Have you been putting off the pruning of garden trees for a long time because of the lack of proper tools? Well, worry no more! We are here to tell you all about a pole saw. You can use it to cut and trim the overgrown trees, unwanted branches, and much more. Let us begin our guide on How to Use a Pole Saw.
Recommended Pole Saw
How To Use a Pole Saw – Step by Step Guide
Step 1: Preparing The Working Area
By doing this, you can prevent any unwanted accidents while using the pole saw. It is also essential for the area to be clean and smooth so that it is easier for you to move around without stumbling upon anything and thus risking the safety of yourself and the people around you.
If you are a professional or are working in a public place, use the rope to secure the area and warn people to stay out of place for a while.
Step 2: Planning
Take an approximate measurement of the branches and limbs. Examine the tree carefully and determine the parts you want to cut. Consider the resultant shape of the tree in your mind and judge accordingly. Also, be sure about the spots from where you want to cut the tree.
After a thoughtful analysis, you are now ready to move on to the next step.
Step 3: Cutting The Lower Branches
This order is beneficial because, when you cut the lower branches, reaching the upper branches is clear. It will make your work easy and smooth. For this we suggest use cordless pole saws.
Step 4: Positioning
You should stand far from the branch you are going to cut. Do not stand directly below the branch that you are cutting. If you do so, it might be dangerous as the branch after being cut can fall on you. So, you must stand at a safe angle and distance from the branches of the tree while using a pole saw. You can also change your position according to the distance of the different branches you are cutting.
When it comes to holding a pole saw, there is a correct method. You must hold in at your chest level. The end of the handle of your pole saw should be near your chest. Adjust its length accordingly. Keep a firm and steady hold on the pole saw to retain control over it.
Step 5: Adjusting The Length
The best way to determine the height while being in a position to cut. Take the pole saw you your chest level, and see how much height you need. Adjust according to that.
Step 6: Setting The Blade
Step 7: Maintaining Speed
If you increase the speed of the blade right away, the blade will slip off the spot and make the task very difficult for you.
Hence, it is recommended that you first cut the wood a little bit, at least to create enough space to support the saw blade. Then you can increase the speed of the blade.
Step 8: Finishing Touch
Step 9: Cleaning The Mess
Top Three Pole Saws
Many brands manufacture pole saws. We will discuss some of the best pole saw available on the market.
- IDEAL BRANCH TRIMMER: Tree pruner and pole saw that extends from 7 to 16 feet with a lightweight aluminum pole to help...
- MAXIMUM POWER AND PRECISION: Low-friction coating helps the blade glide through wood and prevents gumming up with sap or...
- LONG-LASTING AND RELIABLE: Fully hardened, precision-ground steel pruning blade stays sharp through heavy use and...
- It cuts high branches very easily.
- It can extend up to 16 feet.
- It is highly efficient. It is useful in cutting up to 1.25 inch thick branches of the trees.
- It has an attached 15-inch WoodZig saw for cutting large branches.
- The pole saw is designed to improve productivity. It has an oval fiberglass and aluminum handle, which is extremely convenient to hold.
- It comes with a double lock system.
- The company provides a lifetime warranty on this product.
- Dimensions: 2 x 8 x 81 inches
- Weight: 5.95 pounds
- Size: 16 feet
- Model Number: 394631-1001
- Customer Reviews: 4.5 out of 5
- Warranty: Lifetime
- 40V POLESAW – this polesaw allows you to keep your trees trimmed and healthy, enhancing your curb appeal
- 8” BAR AND CHAIN – for easy trimming of branches
- EASY ADJUST TRIMMING – for quick and easy tightening of the chain
- It comes with an 8-inch bar and chain. Highly efficient for cutting branches of the tree.
- The product is not too heavy. The weight of the pole saw is about 8.36 pounds (approximately). Due to its lightweight nature, it is effortless to use.
- It is easily adjustable.
- It consists of an automatic oiler. The automatic oiler provides oil to the bar and chain whenever it is required. This feature adds to the longevity of the pole saw.
- The aluminum body is divided into three pieces. It can extend up to 8 feet.
- Dimensions: 107 x 7 x 7.5 inches
- Weight: 8.36 pounds
- Model Number: 20672
- Size: 8 feet
- Batteries: 1 Lithium-ion battery
- Customer Reviews: 4.5 out of 5
- 【High-strength Carbon Steel Blade】 - This tree branch saw uses fully heat treated and precision ground carbon steel...
- 【Adjustable Length】 - This pole pruner consists of several detachable sections of stainless steel poles that can...
- 【Perfect Design】 - The telescoping pole saw & pruner offers 2 cutting mode: The pole and saw can be separate for a...
- It has a carbon steel blade with strong cutting ability. It is designed to cut or trim leaves and branches of the tree with smooth perfection.
- The pole saw’s body is made up of stainless steel. It is rust-resistant.
- This pole saw is designed perfectly to match your running needs. Its steel body is divided into various detachable parts.
- It allows you to cut both long and short distance branches by adjusting the length of the pole saw.
- It is designed by keeping the convenience of the user in mind. It is easy to hold and smooth to operate.
- The company offers a 3-year warranty.
- Dimensions: 17.4 x 4.3 x 3.9 in
- Weight: 3.54 pounds
- Model Number: Juzi-10FT@#BT
- Size: 10 feet
- Warranty: 3 year
Now you know that good electric pole saws are highly efficient and useful tools. These are also not very difficult to use. However, there is a first time for everything. But you must remember that there are some safety measures that you must follow while working with a pole saw. Pole saw it is a great tool to aid you in keeping your garden all maintained. You will gain expertise with experience. So, keep practicing.