Do you how to cut the Plexiglass? And which are the materials used for cutting the Plexiglass? Worried about what to do? Then leave your worries. We are here to lessen your worries. Here is the article which helps you to find about the cutting of Plexiglass. Let’s go through steps on how to cut a Plexiglass using a circular saw?
Working with this type of glass is very easy and straightforward. One can use different tools to cut this Plexiglass. And some of the tools are knife, jigsaws, glass cutters, and the circular saws. The type of tool used to cut the glass depends on the shape of the cut, which you need to do.
If you want a straight cut in your glass, then the best tool used for the cutting of the Plexiglass is a circular saw. No matter which saw you are using in woodworking, you should know to use the right type of blade. Many designed blades are used for cutting the Plexiglass, but the carbide tip blades are efficiently used for this Plexiglass cutting.
How To Cut A Plexiglass Using A Circular Saw- Step By Step Guide
Things You Would Need To Cut A Plexiglass Using A Circular Saw
For getting good results, you must have the right types of equipment and basic knowledge. As now you know the knowledge of how to cut the Plexiglass. But you don’t know which are the best types of equipment for your project. To help you out with this burden, we have listed some of the basic requirements in the above paragraph, and here we have listed the best products in those lists. The essential best tools are listed for you from the Amazon.
1. SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 Circular Saw
- Lightest magnesium construction reduces user fatigue for less down time
- Cut-ready depth of cut system helps with quick, accurate depth measurements
- 53° bevel allows users to complete a wider variety of cuts
- It gives you quick depth measurements.
- It has a 53-degree bevel that gives you a variety of cuts.
- This product has a special snit-snag guard that helps you in smooth working while cutting the small pieces.
- It uses 15-amp power and takes less time for ripping.
- It is a lightweight drive.
2. DeWalt DWE575SB Circular Saw
- DEWALT 7 1/4 circular saw is among the lightest saws in its class (8.8 lbs.)
- Electric brake of the corded circular saw stops the blade after trigger is released
- 15 amp motor of the compact circular saw delivers power for even the toughest applications
- It is a circular saw that has an electric brake as its specification.
- It is a lightweight drive.
- It has a 15-amp motor.
- And also has 57 bevel degree capacities.
- It has a dust blower that keeps your workplace clean.
3. MOARMOR Glass Cutter
- Durable Cutting Tools: WARM NOTICE,it suits for 2-6/6-12/12-20mm glass cutting.The glass cutter adopts ultra-strong...
- Ergonomical & Non-slip Cutter: Non-slip metal handle combines ergonomics design enable comfortable holding and labor...
- Round Metal Tapping Head: The metal head is made of premium steel, wear-resistant and well polished. It could be used to...
- It is used for 2-6, 6-12, 12-20 mm glass cutting.
- It has an ultra-strong diamond carbide blade.
- It has a round metal tapping head.
- It is mainly used for cutting stained glass, mirrors, glass shelves, windows, etc.
4. XURIHONG Glass Cutter Toolset
- 【High Quality Cutter Head】 The glass cutter adopts ultra-rugged carbonized diamond blade, high hardness and sharp...
- 【Ergonomic Design】Anti-slip handle design is easier for use, comfortable grip, Easy to hold and reduces wrist...
- 【Scribing Pen】suitable for making precise thin lines on hardened materials such as glass metal, tile, glass,...
- It is a professional set of glass tools.
- It has a carbide cutter head.
- The range of cutting is 5mm to 20mm.
- The package contains
- One alloy handle.
- One oil dropper.
- One cutting head, which ranges from 5-12mm.
- One cutting head, which ranges from 12-20mm.
- One screwdriver.
- One storage box.
5. LANHU Sandpaper
- Including 600 grit, 25 sheets.
- Made of waterproof silicon carbide, electro coated ensures the grit distributed homogeneously, good for wet / dry...
- Suitable for use in art and craft, wood work, automotive, metal, and plastic applications for buffing and polishing.
- This is a pack of 25 sheets of sandpaper.
- It is made of silicon carbide.
- It is used in art, craft, woodwork, metal, plastic applications, and polishing.
- It can also be cut into small pieces if you need it.
6. REXBETI Utility Knife
- Pack of 4 razor-sharp utility knife.
- Ultra sharpness and double hardness black blade, Perfect for hobby, DIY projects, cardboard, carpet, Rope,boxes,...
- Anti-drop design, thickened hard housing offers nice grip. 70% of the shell are coverd by rubbery
- This product has four packs of utility knives with extra blades.
- It is used in cartons, cardboard, boxes cutting.
- It is an ultra-sharp blade.
- The blade width is about 18mm.
- It is made of carbide steel.
Some Tips And Techniques
Before you are doing any woodworking or any other processes, you should have some basic knowledge and simple techniques for that work. If you know the simple techniques, then it may help you to lower your burden and also saves your time. Here I am going to give you some simple tips and techniques that may help you when you are using the circular saw for woodworking.
- When you are cutting Plexiglass, it can leave rough edges, so to avoid this, smoothing should be done after the cutting.
- The cutting of glass speed should be at a low rate because the high speed produces friction, which results in the production of heat that can melt the glass.
- If the Plexiglass is of less than 3/16 inches, then it can be cut using your hand.
- Before starting your process, test all the tools that they are working correctly or not. If you have a broken tool, repair it and then use or else you can get a new tool.
- The blade which you use should be sharp.
- Never stand back to the saw because you may hurt if a kickback occurs.
1. Which saw blade is best to cut Plexiglass?
For good results, the blade’s diameter should be large, and you can use 60 carbide tip teeth.
2. Which is the best tool to cut Plexiglass?
Using the circular saw is the best method.
3. How to cut Plexiglass by hand?
Keep Plexiglass on the surface. Mark the glass using a grease pencil. Then score the Plexiglass with a glasscutter for about ten times. Move the scored part to the edge of the surface and bend them using your hand.
4. What are the advantages of Plexiglass?
They are cost-effective.
It is lightweight.
They have good durability.
They are shatterproof.
They are used in common workshops.
5. What is the method used for cutting a thin sheet of Plexiglass?
Use the scoring method for a thin sheet Plexiglass, which is less than 3/16 inches.
6. What are the methods used for cutting a thick sheet of Plexiglass?
There are many methods like using a circular saw, table saw, and saber saw.
The Plexiglass is accessible to work and durable glass. It is also a strong glass for making different items. There are many methods to cut the Plexiglass. But using the circular saw to cut the Plexiglass will give you the best outcome. As you have gone through this article, the questions raised in your mind may get the answers. I hope this article helped you to know the process of cutting the Plexiglass. Thank you for reading with patience.