While searching for a drill, you may wonder which is the perfect choice for your home or workplace. You have to select an option from a large number of brands offering different features. But the two big brands ‘Hercules’ and ‘Dewalt’ are available in the market to serve this purpose. Now, you will think about which one can satisfy your wants. Then, this article ‘Hercules vs Dewalt Drill’ will help you in getting a good deal. You will get detailed comparisons and genuine reviews so that you can make the correct choice. We have carried out the necessary tests and collected loads of information to help you in ﬁnding a suitable miter saw.
After reading several reviews and testing the products of both the brands, it is found that Dewalt is comparatively better than Hercules. Dewalt is an established brand known for its quality features and customer service. You will get extra features and credibility with the Dewalt products. Also, the price and other features are almost equal. But if you are a beginner and don’t want a lot from a single product, then Hercules may be a good option for you. However, our verdict is in favor of Dewalt.
Hercules Vs Dewalt Drill: Comparison Chart
|Specification||Dewalt Drill||Hercules Drill|
|1. Motor||Brushless Motor||Brushed Motor|
|2. Noise Level||High||Low|
|3. Warranty||3-year warranty||90-days warranty|
|4. One-Hand Bit Insertion||Available||Not Available|
|5. LED Light||LED Light around the chucks||Simple LED Light|
Hercules Vs Dewalt Drill: Differences
The performance of the motor is the ﬁrst thing that creates a difference between these two brands. Dewalt is a renowned brand and knows the requirements of its customers. Due to this reason, it uses XR brushless motor. Whereas Hercules uses a brushed motor. The performance of a brushless motor is better for most of the tasks. The performance, runtime, and longer life of the Dewalt brushless motor make it a decent choice for the users.
The speed of the drill is another factor that affects its choice. This is because higher speed reduces the time taken to complete a task and drill in a hard substance. This allows the workers to do their tough jobs quickly and without any hassle.
The average speed of Hercules is more as compared to Dewalt. The Hercules provides an average of 565 RPM (Revolutions Per Minute) while the Dewalt is far behind and gives an average speed of 429 RPM. In this manner, Hercules is good in terms of speed.
The design of a tool ensures convenience and ease to handle and use. Both brands provide compact designs. You can easily use them to complete your tasks at your workplace.
However, Dewalt has an advantage in its design. The head length provided is shorter than the tool height. This makes Dewalt a suitable brand for using it for tight spots. In contrast, Hercules provides a more considerable head length.
4. Feature Set
The more the features in a tool, the more it will attract the consumers’ attraction. This thing is also right in this case. This is because it will help in the completion of work quickly and accurately. Therefore, the feature set is another difference to look out while buying the drill.
Hercules delivers fewer features and is not enough for a professional person. Some of the features available are:
- Brushed motor
- Simple LED light
- Absence of one-hand bit insertion
- Single-speed with variable speed trigger
- No special modes
While Dewalt provides modern and quality features suitable for everyone. Here are the available features
- Brushless motor
- LED light ring around the chuck
- One-hand bit insertion is available
- Option to select between three-speed mode
- Tool connect tools, tracking, and diagnostics. So, you can conclude that Dewalt has more advanced features than Hercules.
5. Noise level
The noise level factor is also associated with the drills. Usually, you will ﬁnd drills creating huge noises. Due to this reason, users prefer to have a low noise making tool. Hercules is better than Dewalt in this thing and produces comparatively lower noise.
The battery of a drill is another crucial factor to be considered. This factor also works in favor of Dewalt. Initially, you will get a 2.0 Ah battery with Dewalt and 2.5 Ah with Hercules. But Dewalt also has kits with 4.0 Ah or 5.0 Ah kits, depending on the tool connect model feature.
Moreover, you can also get extra runtime by increasing battery capacity. You can also get batteries of 3.0 Ah, 4.0 Ah, 5.0 Ah, 6.0 Ah, and 8.0 Ah along with Bluetooth battery options. In comparison, Hercules provides a 5.0Ah battery as a separate upgrade.
7. Warranty period
The warranty period is a factor that shows the reliability of the tool. This attracts the consumers’ attention and increases their conﬁdence over it. Dewalt provides a 3-year long warranty, whereas Hercules gives you a mere 3-months warranty. Also, Dewalt provides a 90-day money-back guarantee and a 2-year service agreement.
The price is the factor that gives an edge to Hercules over Dewalt. You can buy a Hercules drill at the cost of less than $100, vary model to model. Dewalt provides its tools at a price of more than $100, making it quite costly. However, the cost of different models can vary.
Hercules Vs Dewalt Drill: Similarities
The weight of the drills offered by both brands are quite similar and don’t have any significant differences. This factor is important because it facilitates the movement of the tool from one place to another. Dewalt weighs 2.1 pounds and 3.1 pounds with its 2.0 Ah battery pack. Hercules also weighs the same.
2. Breakaway Torque
The breakaway torque thing is also similar in both brands. It means that both Dewalt and Hercules can break 3000 in-lbs. (250 ft-lbs.). But they are unable to break the torque of 3300 in-lbs.
Best Models Available For Dewalt Drill
1. Dewalt 20V MAX 1/2-inch Cordless Drill (DCD791D2)
- DEWALT drill with brushless motor delivers up to 57% more run time over brushed.
- XR Li-Ion batteries with fuel gauge provide this power drill 33% more capacity over standard packs
- DEWALT 20V MAX drill is compact (6.9 inch front to back), lightweight (3.4 lbs) design fits into tight areas.
- The Dewalt 20V DCD791D2 MAX XR Li-Ion 1/2″ Compact Drill features a brushless motor providing more than 50% run time than brush motors.
- The Li-Ion batteries (2.0 Ah) with fuel gauge provide extra capacity over standard packages.
- The design is lightweight and portable and gets ﬁt in tight areas.
- A high-transmission 2-speed setting (up to 2000 RPM) ensures faster application and complete the work in a shorter period.
- A comfort grip handle is provided to maintain the balance of the tool and getting accuracy.
- This drill also provides a 3-Mode LED Lights with a spotlight mode to help in darker or conﬁned conditions.
2. Dewalt 20V MAX Combo Kit And Compact 4-Tool(DCK423D2)
- DCD780 DEWALT 20V MAX* 1/2-inch drill/driver in the cordless tools combo kit features two speed...
- DCS381 DEWALT 20V MAX* reciprocating saw with keyless blade clamp in the cordless tool set allows for quick blade change...
- DCS393 DEWALT 20V MAX* circular saw with 6-1/2-inch carbide blade as one of the essential construction tools can cut...
- The Dewalt DCK423D2 20V MAX 4-Tool Combo Kit ( see other combo kit as well ) contains all the tools required for your daily activities at your workplaces.
- The Dewalt DCD780 20V MAX 1/2-inch drill has a two-speed transmission (up to 2000 RPM) along with a stable handle.
- The DCS381 20V MAX reciprocating saw provides a bladeless blade clamp. It means that changing the blade without touching it.
- It provides a varying speed trigger and an electric brake.
- The DCS393 20V MAX circular saw with a 6-1/2-inch carbide blade can cut 2×4’s at a 45-degree angle in a single go. It has a powerful motor of 5150 RPM also.
- The DCL040 20V MAX LED work light gives 110 lumens of light output, with a head that rotates 120 degrees.
3. Dewalt 20V MAX 1/2″ Cordless Drill (DCD708C2)
- Dewalt drill is compact at only 6.3 inch front to back designed to fit in tight spaces.
- Power drill with variable speed trigger allows for control and precision on delicate work surfaces
- DEWALT 20V drill with brushless motor for efficient performance
- The Dewalt DCD708C2 20V MAX1/2″ Cordless Drill provides a powerful brushless motor that delivers 340 unit watts outs(UWO).
- It features LED light to provide brightness in darker and conﬁned areas to facilitate more accuracy.
- For increased comfort, the handle features a great design for balance and proper control along with a removable belt hook.
- It is supported by a DEWALT 3-year limited warranty so you can buy with conﬁdence.
Best Models Available For Hercules Drill
1. Harbor Freight Hercules 20V Drill(HC91K1)
- The Harbor Freight Hercules HC91K1 20V Lithium Cordless 1/2″ Compact Drill comes with a lightweight design. It is a pro-level compact drill that makes it comfortable for everyone to use.
- The bright LED light illuminates the dark or conﬁned work areas.
- It has a 4-pole motor that delivers maximum performance and durability in a compact size.
- This drill has a 2-speed transmission, which covers drilling and fastening applications.
- It also has all-metal gear construction built to provide job accuracy and get the desired results.
2. Harbor Freight Hercules HC92K1 Hammer Drill
- The Harbor Freight Hercules HC92K1 Hammer Drill is a 4-pole brushed motor and 2-speed transmission.
- It has a Jacobs 1/2″ ratcheting chuck, and an LED light rounds out the whole package.
- It also has all-metal gear construction built to provide job accuracy and get the desired results.
- The Harbor Freight Hercules 20V hammer drill can crank down 125.2 in-lbs. Of soft torque and is relevant for this category.
- It provides impressive speed under load with an average speed of more than 1400 RPM.
3. Harbor Freight Hercules 20V Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/4″ Hex Impact Driver
- The Hercules 20V 1/4″ Hex Impact Driver has 1/4″ Hex Chuck to ensure the fast bit changes and completes the tasks quickly.
- It also has all-metal gear construction built to withstand job abuse and get the desired results.
- The Harbor Freight Hercules 20 1/4″ Hex Driver can crank down 1500 in-lbs.
- It is a 4-pole brushed motor and 2-speed transmission impact driver to ensure accuracy of work and getting desired results.
- The bright LED light illuminates the dark or conﬁned work areas. It ensures getting preciseness in the low-light areas as well.
Hercules Vs Dewalt Drill: What’s In The Box?
When you buy either Hercules or Dewalt drill, you will get a complete box that includes all the accessories and other things. You should conﬁrm that the following things are available in the box:
- A drill
- Screwdriver bits (Number of bits may vary)
- Drill bits (Number of bits may vary)
- A battery and a charger (for cordless drills)
- A belt clip
- A user manual
- A warranty card
Hercules Vs Dewalt Drill: Overview
Overview Of Dewalt Drill
Dewalt is an established American brand known for its quality tools like drills, miter saws, impact drivers, and more. The two great things about this brand are:
- Dewalt provides tools that are suitable for all, including beginners and professionals. It knows the expectations of its customers and delivers new and advanced features with each tool.
- The customer service of Dewalt is a significant plus. It is approachable, i.e., anyone can get the solution to their queries. Many users praise this quality. The Dewalt drill is a great deal to buy. You will get the quality features that can help you in completing your tasks effectively and efﬁciently. Many experts prefer the drills made by Dewalt. You can also buy it to get accuracy at your workplace. Here are the pros and cons associated with the Dewalt drill:
Overview Of Hercules Drill
The Chinese brand Harbor Freight Tools manufactures the line of drills under the name Hercules. It offers a large number of products, including power drills. The two things which are the plus points of this brand are:
- Hercules provides excellent tools in terms of speed and power. Their performances are good and can complete most of the tasks.
1. I am a professional worker and want a drill for my workplace. Which drill will be the most suitable to serve this purpose?
You can buy the Dewalt DCD791D2 Cordless Drill. You will get quality features and powerful performance.
2. I want a drill for my house. Which drill can ease my work and handle the small workloads efﬁciently?
You can buy the Hercules drill for your house. It is suitable for beginners and available at a lower cost.
3. I usually carry the drill from one workplace to another. Which drill can ensure easy movement without any difﬁculty?
The Dewalt drills come with a portable design that helps in easy movement. The lightweight design makes this possible.
Dewalt is a renowned tool brand and provides advanced features. It has all the traits which ensure the accuracy and completion of tasks quickly. The customer service is also an advantage available to the users. Hercules is an option available to the beginners but not to the daily users. So, a Dewalt drill is a complete package on which you can easily rely. It is a ‘value for money’ product for the users.